Thursday, March 15, 2012

the well traveled artist type

I'm the first to admit I'm no good at catchy titles for posts but
maybe this will make up for my short comings

I recently stumbled upon this site, it's new to me but i think its really great,
allow me to introduce


 This is a wonderful resource because the textiles sold here are as beautiful and inspiring 
as the way they are made.
 Robshaw says that his search for a natural india die for his art first introduced  him to the processes used to create ancient dyed, printed, woven, stitched, and worn piqued textiles. He searches for the elderly, life long  print makers in India, Indonesia and China to help him produce these textiles because he knows that their eye is keen for composition and their knowledge is invaluable. Their aged shaky hand provides an honest made quality that today's textiles cannot hold a candle to.

 I love the honesty and simple beauty of this company.
The things they offer are exquisite but the ethos of the company is what impresses me.
Their ability to maintain traditional production of goods is something to admire. 
Here are some of their lovelies for you to drool over...

These are some of my favorites but their catalog is much more extensive.
It's to the trade only, so contact me if you're interested.

The site also offers some ready mades (ie. pillows, bedding, etc.)
so definitely take a minute to look around 



No comments: